The 8th Annual
Irish American Movie Hooley
Hibernian Media announced their Call for Entries for their 8th Annual “Irish American Movie Hooley” which is scheduled this year for Classic Cinema’s Lake Theatre in Oak Park Sept. 16-18, and The Wilmette Theatre in Wilmette Sept. 23-25, 2022
We are out to discover the next John Ford, Ed Burns, Preston Sturges, John Huston, or John Patrick Shanley, i.e., Irish American filmmakers who epitomize Irish American pride, bravado, and legendary storytelling. All work submitted should represent the best of the Irish and Irish American experience on screen.
Now in its’ eighth year, the Movie Hooley has introduced audiences to the very best in Irish and Irish American filmmaking, with opportunities to meet each individual writer, director, or producer who have brought their films to Chicago for the weekend, this year re-locating directly to our audience at the Lake Theatre in Oak Park and The Wilmette Théâtre in Wilmette. Chicago Tribune columnist Rick Kogan said, “If your image of the Irish is trapped in some sort of playful Shamrock- “Danny Boy” realm, prepare yourselves for the dark but altogether satisfying world represented by the latest offerings of this year’s Irish American Movie Hooley.”
Sponsors of the 8th Annual Irish American Movie Hooley include The Hilton Chicago, Paddy’s Irish Whiskey and local Irish pubs bordering each movie house.
Call for Entries
We welcome your submission of feature-length narrative or documentary films. Submissions must be premieres, preferably World, American, or minimally Chicago premieres.
All work submitted should represent the best of the Irish American experience on screen. If the filmmaker is not Irish American, then the content must be Irish American related. Work submitted that features a script, producer, or lead actor who is Irish American will also be considered.
Please send 2 DVDs of your film to:
Hibernian Transmedia NFP
PO Box 5650
River Forest, IL 60305
Or send link for online screener to email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
Submission implies unconditional acceptance of all of the above and all Terms and Conditions and that you are legally entitled to submit this film for consideration.
- The submission must be the original work of the Filmmaker.
- The entrant submitting the film must hold all legal rights for the submission, as well as all necessary clearances, including all music clearances, for public exhibition.
- The Filmmaker retains all submission and intellectual property rights. DVDs will not be returned.
- All films must be in English, or subtitled in English.
- The Hooley is not responsible for any damage to materials that occurred while in transit. If your film arrives damaged, we will contact you to request another copy.
- The entrant agrees that up to three minutes of their film may be used in promotional activities, including television and on our website.
- Please do not send press kits unless otherwise requested.
- Your film must have a total running time of between 60 and 150 minutes, or it will not be considered.
Deadlines & Entry Fees
- Early Deadline March 15, 2022 Entry Fee $10
- Regular Deadline May 31, 2022 Entry Fee $20
- Late Deadline July 10, 2022 Entry Fee $25
The three films chosen to premiere in September will be notified by August 30, at the latest.